What is Chiropractic care?
Chiropractors are health care professionals who diagnose musculoskeletal problems, and treat and rehabilitate a range of health conditions related to the bones, muscles and joints. Our Chiropractors seek to reduce pain and improve the functionality of their patients as well as to educate them on how they can account for their own health via exercise, ergonomics and other therapies to treat back pain. They place an emphasis on treating patients through manual adjustment and the manipulation of the spine.
What do our Chiropractors treat and manage?
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Leg pain (sciatica)
- Repetitive strains
- Arthritic pain
- Nerve pain
What can my initial appointment with a Chiropractor look like?
Your Chiropractor will carry out an initial assessment and will then administer a treatment plan to help get you on the road to recovery. This initial assessment will include:
- A consultation to uncover:
- The frequency and duration of symptoms
- Areas of pain
- What makes the pain feel better, and worse
- The patient’s history, including:
- Family history
- Past history of injuries and treatment
- Work history
- Dietary habits
- A physical examination using a range of different methods to determine the segments of the spine that require treatment. The chiropractor may use static and motion palpation techniques determining spinal segments that are restricted in their movement and might also employ additional diagnostic tests, including an X-ray, to locate the altered position of the spine.
What adjustment techniques might the Chiropractor use?
Common therapeutic treatment for back pain used by Chiropractors include ‘chiropractic manipulation, manual manipulation, or spinal manipulation’. This Chiropractic adjustment typically involves:
- High velocity, short lever arm thrusts applied to the vertebrae
- This is followed by an audible release of gas caused by the release of oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide which releases joint pressure (this is the clicks and cracks you will hear)
- A relieving sensation is then typically achieved
If you would like to book in with one of our experienced Chiropractors, please follow the ‘Book Online Now’ button on this page, or give us a call and one of our friendly staff members would love to help you to begin your road to recovery!