What is GaitScan?
The GaitScan is a cutting-edge diagnostic tool and digital casting device that enables New Age practitioners to analyse patient biomechanics and order custom foot orthotics.
GaitScan is the market leader in dynamic scanning capabilities for foot orthotics, with 4096 sensors and a scan rate of 300 frames per second.
How does it work?
You will walk over a pressure-sensitive platform that can measure and display the weight and pressure distribution of each foot that stood on or walked over the mat. By comparing the results of these Gaitscans against the optimal foot function we can determine if there are any problems with the way you walk or place your feet.
What does this mean for you?
A new, in-depth method of assessing your gait cycle/walking pattern with a dynamic scan gives us access to a wealth of information that cannot be obtained with the naked eye. Over a million points of data are recorded, tracking minor flaws in your biomechanics and shedding light on issues that if left untreated, could develop into painful conditions over time.
Abnormalities in pressure and weight distribution in your foot can cause you many health problems, these are just a few of many:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Arch pain/Arch strain
- Heel Pain
- Heel Spur
- Flat Feet
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Shin Splints
- Knee Pain
- Hip Pain
- Lower Back Pain
Do I need a GaitScan?
If you agree with any of the following statements, a Gaitscan could be extremely beneficial to you.
- My feet are sore/aching regularly.
- I spend a lot of my day standing or walking on hard surfaces.
- I regularly participate in sports or go to the gym.
- Standing, walking, or jogging causes joint pain for me (ankles, knees, hip or back).
- I have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns).
- I have knock-knees or bow-legs because one of my legs is shorter than the other.
- My shoes tend to wear out rapidly or unevenly.
- My parents had foot-related problems.
How do I get my orthotics?
Once you have completed your scan, your clinician will analyse the results and order a pair of custom-designed orthotics based on your individual and lifestyle needs. These generally take 2-3 weeks to be made and delivered back to the clinic.
What will Custom Orthotics do for me?
- Help restrict movement in a specific direction.
- In general, assist mobility.
- Reduce the weight-bearing forces for a specific purpose.
- Assist in the rehabilitation of fractures following the removal of a cast.
- Correct the shape and/or function of the body, to provide easier movement capability or reduce pain.
GaitScan is available at these Health First Group clinics.