What is Psychology?
Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behaviour. Psychologists seek to understand how people think, feel, and behave, both as individuals and in groups. They use scientific methods to study mental processes and behaviour and apply their findings to help people better understand and manage their emotions, relationships, and behaviours.
Psychology is a broad field that encompasses many different subfields, including clinical psychology, developmental psychology, social psychology, and cognitive psychology.
When should you see a Psychologist?
As you don’t need a Dr’s referral, you can come and see a Psychologist at any time! (Just make sure to book first)
You may consider seeing a psychologist if you are experiencing mental health issues such as:
- Depression or anxiety
- Stress or difficulty managing emotions
- Low self-esteem or self-worth
- Relationship problems
- Grief or loss
- Difficulties with work or school
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Eating disorders
- Trauma or abuse
- Sleep problems
- Bipolar/Personality disorder
If you are experiencing any of these issues, you may benefit from working with a psychologist to develop a treatment plan to help you improve your mental health and well-being. It is also important to see a psychologist if your symptoms are affecting your daily life, such as your ability to work, attend school, or maintain relationships. Psychologists can help you develop coping skills and strategies to manage your symptoms and improve your quality of life.
What types of appointments can I have with a Psychologist?
Some examples of common issues include:
- Individual therapy: Our licensed therapists provide one-on-one counselling to help you work through challenges and achieve your personal goals.
- Family therapy: Our therapists are trained to work with families to address issues such as communication, conflict resolution, and parenting.
- Group therapy: Our group therapy sessions offer a supportive and welcoming environment for individuals to come together and work on common issues.
- Couples therapy: Our therapists are skilled at helping couples improve their communication, resolve conflicts, and strengthen their relationships.
- Online therapy: We offer convenient and secure online therapy sessions for those who are unable to attend in-person sessions.
- Workshops and seminars: We offer a range of workshops and seminars on topics such as stress management, self-care, and relationships.
We accept CDM (EPC) plans, private health, and offer flexible scheduling to fit your needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services.